What You Can Bring To Costa Rica
Every person entering Costa Rica is entitled to introduce: luggage with items for personal use in reasonable quantities, medicines and assistance equipment, if you require it
If you need to take your personal medicine while traveling to Costa Rica, please consider the following:
- Carry just the necessary quantity, which is the quantity normally used by a person having your health problem.
- You should have a prescription or a written statement from your doctor, specifying that the medicine is being used under his/her control and that you need it for your physical health.
- Have the medicines labeled or properly identified.
B. Items for personal use
You can bring to Costa Rica the following items for personal use, in a reasonable amount, if they are portable and used:
- Books and manuscripts
- Camera (1) and its accessories
- Musical instrument (1) and its accessories
- Non-commercial photographs and prints
- Portable radio or tape-recorder or compact disk player (1)
- Purse Rolls of film (6)
- Video-camera (1) and its accessories and
- Zoom (1)
C. For you and your family's consumption you may also bring
- Baby food
- Cigarettes (500 grams per person),
- Candy (2 kilograms per person)
- Wine and liquor (up to 5 litters per person). You have to be 18 years or older.
D. Items for work: You are allowed to bring to Costa Rica items that you require in your profession, as long as they are used and portable. These provisions exclude complete equipment for laboratories, offices and workshops. Some of the items you may bring are:
- Laptop computer (1)
- Paint and canvas
- Portable printer (1)
- Tape recorder (1)