The Embassy of Costa Rica in the United States of America is part of the Ministry of Foreign Relations and Worship of Costa Rica. The Embassy coordinates and manages political affairs, trade, tourism, education, health and international relations between both countries and concurrent Embassies.
In what cases is the Embassy not authorized to act?
- Charging for a service, except for the established consular fees
- Acting as or recommending lawyers, translators, interpreters or tour operators
- Interfering with Judicial Affairs
- Finding employment and residence in the United States
- Discussing Costa Rican visa cases which already have been settled
- Providing information about entry, visas or residence in the Unites States
- Obtaining birth certificates
- Requesting drivers licenses
- Providing financial support (including tickets and transportation)
- Finding U.S. citizens in Costa Rica